Trekking high or far helps one to come closer to oneself. It’s an experience unparallel to another when each step taken helps one step come closer to nature. Walking step by step, exploring one path at a time allows the unfoldment of the beauties of nature. Unwinding from the usual distractions of urban life. With popular tourists spots being overcrowded and Covid restrictions in current times restrict the movement. In these tough times, trekking seems to be the best way to explore, enjoy and rejuvenate.
Markha Valley Trek, Ladakh
Duration: 9 days
Max. Altitude Approx: 17100ft
Best Time To Travel: July to Mid September
Airport: Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, Leh
Average cost per Adult: 19,500 INR
Markha Valley Trek
It’s a trekking area that has an arid cold desert and it offers such an amazing view of Ladakh and Zanskar ranges. It has admirers worldwide! Filled with the local culture of Ladakh is also known as the Tea-House trek. While embarking on this trek, do witness the Kang Yissey peak at 21,000 feet and Stok Kangri peak at 20,086 feet. There is one more reason which makes this trek so amazing is the waist-deep river crossing which helps us to reach the trails to Buddhist villages and rock structures by crossing the Markha River. Markha Valley is more accessible for trekkers as it is in very close proximity to Leh.
Major highlights of Markha valley trek:
1- Get astonished by the untapped beauty of the Hemis National Park. Also, witness the highest passes Gandala La and Kongmaru La.
2- Enjoy the sightseeing in Leh that will help you know the culture and Buddhist traditions prevailing in the town
3- Encircled by streams and ponds that will soothe your soul, Witness the astounding views of Nimaling!
4- As you reach the altitude of 16,830 feet, You’re going to witness the Willow Trees, Greenfields, and the Quaint villages.
5- The reward you get from Markha Valley Trek, is the ultimate view of the Kang Yatze Peak! So mesmerizing to one’s eyes!
Dzongri Trek, Sikkim
Duration: 5 days
Max. Altitude Approx: 13,700ft
Railway Station: New Jalpaiguri is the nearest railway station which is about 150 kilometers away from Yuksom
Airport: Bagdogra Airpot which is 135 kilometers from Yuksom
Average cost per Adult: 25,000 INR
Best time to visit: Start of April to Mid May
If you want to reach the heart of the beautiful Sikkim landscape, Visit the Yuksom Dzongri Trek. The task would be challenging, rugged and fascinating, to go through these trails. This trek offers you to capture some of these magnificent peaks, namely Koktang (6,147m), Pandim (6,691m), Kabru (7,353m), Ratong (6,678m), Kanchenjunga (8,534m), and Narsingh (5,825m). You can also visit a few other attractions as well, as you’re on your way to the Dzongri Trek. Popular and stunning waterfalls are added to these attractions, Tiger Hill in Darjeeling is a sunset point that surely caps off an amusing trek. Magical sights of the distant valleys and the mountains can be accessed throughout this beautiful trek! The famous and beautiful Khecheopalri Lake also falls beneath your eyes as another beautiful sight.
Yuksom Dzongri trek Highlights:
- One the most well-known short but highly elevated trek is the Yuksom Dzongri Trek. It is also considered as a shorter version of the Goechala Trek.
- The mighty white peaks and the small streams on your way, will be a treat to your eyes. It is very calming to gaze at.
- Witness some of the Major and beautiful peaks like Ratong, Kabru, Kanchenjunga, Pandim, Koktang and Narsingh.
- Spend some time knowing the nature getting close to it by resting beside the waterfalls.
- The culture of the North-east, learn about it by meeting and communicating with the local people.
Roopkund Trek, Uttrakhand
Duration: 6 days
Max Altitude Approx: 16,499 ft
Level: Moderate To Difficult
Railway Station: Kathgodam Railway station is the nearest railway station
Average cost per adult: 9,000–10,000 INR
Best time to visit: May to June
Blessed with deep virgin forests, gurgling brooks, breath-taking campsites, and the beckoning meadows Roopkund trek is a must-do trek for you. Take a chance to taste adventure as you climb from 8,000 ft to 16,000 ft. The adventure starts for you as you start trekking to Roopkund Glacial lake. Take the Lord Curzon trail starting Lohajung and follow a steady uphill trek through the Lohajung Pass and then reach the Bedni River. Get a chance to admire the stunning view of the Garhwal Himalayan ranges as you trek from Didna Village to Ali Bugyal. You will be trekking from Ali Bugyal to Ghora Lotani and witness the beauty of the Himalayas. Also, spot a Himalayan Magpie on the way. Also, you will be trekking from Ghora Lotani to Bhagwabasa, here you will face the challenges of high altitudes, zig-zag trails, and icy cold winds. Passing through Kalu Vinayak, you will finally reach Bhagwabasa.
Roopkund Trek Highlights:
- Feast your eyes as you see the gurgling brooks, breath-taking campsites during this amazing Roopkund trek. Enjoy camping near the cascading water and the clean night sky under the billions of
- stars. Also, enjoy a small bonfire with your friends.
- Trek through some of the most alpine and forests of fir, Rhododendron, and Oak.
- Get a chance to witness the rare flora and fauna of this region as you continue your
- Feast your eyes at the majestic view of the Mt Trishul looms over the place as you
- continue climbing.
Rajmachi Trek, Maharashtra
Duration: 1 Day
Level: Easy: Moderate
Trek type: Day trek
Max Altitude Approx: 2670 ft
Best time to visit: May to Feb
Average cost per adult: 1,500-2,000 INR
Rajmachi Fort Trek and Camping:
The rugged hills of the Sahyadri Mountains have one of the most captivating historical forts, named The Rajmachi Fort. Encircled by beautiful flora and fauna, lush green mountains, green valleys, and waterfalls this is a perfect spot for trekking. If you want to experience an adventurous day out with your loved ones and buddies, this trek is the best option. Rajmachi Fort trek would give you the perfect opportunity to bond with your loved ones and friends.
Rajmachi Trek Highlights
- Drift into the wild with the challenging trek experience with your buddies and loved ones to the Rajmachi Fort.
- The heritage of Shrivardhan and Manaranjan Forts and its architecture can be explored and appreciated if you go on this trek
- Take a glimpse of the beautiful dense mountains, stunning forts, waterfalls, green valleys & the pretty flora and fauna while trekking your way through the Rajmachi Fort.
Beas Kund Trek, Himachal Pradesh
Duration: 4 days
Distance: 16 km
Max Altitude Approx: 12,772 ft
Level: Easy To Moderate
Average cost per adult: 5,000-6,000 INR
Best time to visit: May to October
Beas Kund Trek:
Embark on an enthralling trekking expedition with this Beas Kund Trek that lets you traverse through the lush green grasslands and tall mountains of this scenic location, Manali. Soothe your senses with the views of the picturesque lake through which the river Beas emerges and spot a contrasting sight of the crystal clear waters of the river, based amidst the eye-catching mountain peaks of Pir Panjal. Conquer the mighty mountains of Himachal Pradesh and reach an altitude of 3,810 meters to catch glimpses of summit views of big mountains of Manali like Friendship Peak, Shitidhar, Ladakhi, and Hanuman Tibba.
Beas Kund Trek Highlights
- Embark on this thrilling Beas Kund Trek that lets you conquer the maximum altitude of 12,772 ft
- Catch the glimpses of the beautiful Beas River, nestled in between the tall mountain peaks of Pir Panjal
- This trekking experience offers the summit views of the biggest mountains around Manali
- Traverse through the big grasslands of Bakarthach and Dhundhi and absorb the best of nature!
- Walk on the trails of ancient deodar trees that creates a dense coniferous forest for you to explore.